Temperature Sensors for every Industry
We supply various type of low temperature sensors and humidity sensors including following types for various applications
- Contact and non-contact type
- Remote temperature sensors
- Analog and Digital
- LAN/Ethernet wired
- Wifi and Bluetooth communication
- Wireless sensors
- Duct temperature measurement
- pt100 type
- pt1000 type
Remote temperature sensors are for monitoring temperature remotely either through wired or wireless mode. There are many wireless remote monitoring systems available which operate on WiFi, Radio Frequency, Zigbee wireless protocol etc. Remote temperature sensors also come with various functionalities including phone call, SMS and email alerts.
These temperature sensors are categorized based on the type of communication of the measurement to a centralized system such as computer, server or web based cloud management systems.
Cryopak, USA supplies such a system under their Brand name Mirador which is used for wide range of industrial and commercial applications. Features of the same:
- Communication through Zigbee protocol
- 24/7 monitoring of temperature, humidity, differential pressure and/or carbon dioxide
- Secure access to data via the internet or intranet
- Complies with FDA code 21 CFR part 11 which are applicable for life science, health care and food industries
- Excursion notifications via text, email or phone call which will generate alerts incase the programmed limits are exceeded
- Automatic software updates
- Multi-site configurable which will facilitate installation in different sites, but monitoring through a single software
- 10 Point NIST traceable calibration
- Versatile 4 alarm thresholds
- Automatic recalibration reminders
Please see our separate page on remote temperature sensors
How to select Temperature sensors?
- First of all the following parameters may be listed which will help selection of suitable models:
- What is the item to be monitored viz. Air, Gas, Liquid, Metal etc
- Range of temperature to be measured (eg. 100 to 200 Deg Centigrade)
- Application is indoors or outdoors? The sensor has to be suitable for the ambient conditions.
- The sensing is to be of contact type or non-contact type? eg. For a ware house or for a chemical you will need non contact type, whereas for a pipe you will need a contact type.
- What is the output required? Do you need the signals for display, recording, switching, automation etc.
- What is the mode of communication preferred? Wired through control cables or through Ethernet cables to a LAN computer network/ Wireless through Radio frequency or similar protocols / WiFi communication through normal WiFi network
- What is the accuracy required? Depending on the type and models, accuracy can be from 0.1 Deg C on wards
PT100 sensor is one of the most common type and hence would like to briefly explain the same. Basic theory of heat measurement is that the resistance of a metal varies depending on the temperature. PT stands for platinum and PT100 is one of the most common one which has a resistance of 100 Ohms at 0 Deg C and has a resistance of 138.4 ohms at 100 °C. The relation between the two can be seen at the graph to the right side. Hence by measuring the resistance value we can always find out the related temperature. There are different models available which can be used to measure wide range from approximately -250 to +880 °C
Similarly PT1000 sensor is another model which has a resistance of 1000 Ohms at 0 Deg C
Vacker Arabia supplies various models of temperature sensors in all cities of Saudi Arabia covering Jeddah, Dammam, Riyadh, Jubail and Khobar.