The Single use USB temperature data logger by Cryopak, USA is a true plug and play device. It does not require any proprietary software for generating reports of recorded temperature data. This is a single use disposable USB data logger also termed as a disposable data logger.
Features of economic single use USB temperature Data loggers
The main advantages of these disposable data loggers over reusable data loggers are as below.
- These single-use data loggers are economical, costing a fraction of the price of reusable data loggers.
- There are 5 LED alarm indicators on the disposable data logger. It will indicate whether the temperature has exceeded the higher or lower permitted levels. There are two levels of low alert levels (Blue LEDs) and two levels of bookmarks alerts (Red LEDs). Also, there is one Green LED to indicate that no alert was generated.
- It is very small in size and easy to attach to any part of a consignment, box etc.
- The customer can program the sampling interval between 5 seconds to 17 hours to suit the duration of the trip.
- We normally supply the USB data logger in programmed condition. However, the customer can easily reprogram the same any number of times until first use.
- It does not require any particular software for downloading the recorded data. The receiver of the consignment may not have internet connections and hence may not be able to download any special software. Our USB data logger requires only basic computer without any software including Microsoft office.
- Even if there is no computer available at the receiving end, the status of recording can be seen on the LEDs on the single-use data logger.
- There are separate models available with display and without display. (The model with display required a free software for downloading the data)
- For each of them, there are two models available for the USB data logger. One with an inbuilt NIST traceable calibration certificate and the second model without calibration certificate.
- The customer can use the same data logger for 15 days trip, 30 day trip, 45 day trip, 60 day trip, 90 day trip etc. Customer does not need to buy separate dat logger for each purpose. Either we will program the same to meet your trip duration or you can program yourself.
- These models comply with 21 CFR Part 11 standards.
Simple operational methods of data logger:
The operation of the disposable data logger is extremely simple. We generally supply the USB data logger after programming.
The usage instructions are:
- If the disposable data logger is already programmed and ready to start, the green LED will blink lightly at approximately at every 8 seconds.
- In order to start the recording, press the ‘Start’ button for 3-4seconds. All the LED indicators will blink in a row starting from Blue LED and ending with Red LED. This indicates that the logger started recording.
- Once the recording starts, the green LED will blink brightly twice every 4 seconds.
- If any alarm event occurs, the corresponding Red or Blue LED will blink twice every 4 seconds.
- In order to stop recording, simply press the ‘Stop’ button for 3-5 seconds and all LEDs will blink in a row from Red to Blue (This is opposite direction to that of starting).
- The recording stops either when pressing the ‘Stop’ button or when the customer inserts same into a PC. Thereafter you cannot use it for recording any further readings.
Alert indicators on USB temperature data logger
There are 5 LED indicators on the USB data logger. These LEDs will indicate whether the temperature has always been within the permitted range.
Eg. if the desired temperature of storage is 2-8 Degree Centigrade, we can program the alerts as under:
- Second high alert (termed as HIghHigh alert) : 12 Deg C
- First High Alert (termed as High Alert) : 8 Deg C
- First Low alert : (termed as Low alert) : 2 Deg C
- Second Low Alert (termed as LowLow alert) : 0 Deg C
During the recording, if the temperature goes below 2 Degree, but not zero degrees, it activates the first low alert. This is the first blue LED known as Low and it will start blinking.
During the recording, if the temperature reaches 12 Degree, it activates the first and second high alert. Hence both red LEDs will be blinking (High and High High).
If the recording was always between 2 and 8 Degree C, the green LED only will be blinking.
Also, we can program the delay before generating an alarm. The following type of delays can be programmed.
Consecutive delay before alarm-There are options between 1 and 254. A consecutive delay of 5 means that if 5 consecutive readings are out of the range, it activates the corresponding LED.
Total delay before alarm-This can be programmed between 1 and 254. As an example consider that the total delay of 5 is programmed. This means that if 5 readings (consecutive or otherwise) are out of the range, it activates the corresponding LED.
Generating reports on USB data logger (Plug and play operation)
This disposable data logger is a plug and play device. It does not need any software for downloading the reports. It generates reports in CSV, pdf, Text & CVT formats. For opening the CVT format you need our free console plus software. This will not be of general use for a customer.
If Microsoft office® package is installed, the customer can view the CSV file in MS Excel. If the computer has a pdf reader, it can read the pdf report. If MS Office® or pdf reader is not available, the customer can read the txt file using the program ‘notepad’. This is part of standard MS Windows® installation.
There is a protective transparent plastic sleeve around the single-use data logger for protecting the device from moisture and water.
Automatically generated Sample reports
Please view the sample reports automatically generated by the USB data temperature logger:
Price of USB Disposable data logger
Indicative price of single use USB Temperature data loggers in UAE are indicated. These prices are for reference only and may vary depending on the quantity and place of delivery:
Price of data logger type MS-ST-S-8 :
Unit price will be USD 25.00 each, subject to Taxes & duties applicable in your country.This price is for the purchase of a single piece. Please contact us indicating the required quantity.
Please check latest prices and buy these data loggers from Vacker online store.
Price of data logger type MS-ST-S-8-P :
This is the Pharma compliant model with inbuilt NITS traceable calibration certificate.
Unit price for this model including all taxes and delivery charges will be USD 30.00 Each subject to Taxes and duties applicable in your country.This price is for the purchase of a single piece. Please contact us indicating the required quantity.
Please check latest prices and buy these data loggers from Vacker online store.
Video of iMini pdf logger
Specifications of Cryopak, iMINI pdf USB temperature data Logger
- Product code of USB data logger without inbuilt calibration report is USB temperature data logger MS-ST-S-8.
- Product code of USB data logger with inbuilt calibration report is USB temperature data logger MS-ST-S-8 (Pharma Compliant with inbuilt NIST traceable calibration certificate).
- The product type is USB type disposable data logger / single use data logger.
- Measuring parameter is Temperature only.
- Memory capacity is 7928 readings. This means if we record the readings every 5minutes, it will last for 27 days. If we record the reading every 3 minutes, it will last 16 days. While programming you can change the interval and see how long it will last.
- The interval between readings is programmable from 5 seconds to 17 hours. This interval determines the total duration of recording as per description in above column under ‘Memory capacity’. Typically, for medicines customer chose a sampling interval of 3 to 5 minutes. For food and vegetables, you may prefer a sampling interval of 10 to 30 minutes. This is entirely up to the manufacturer and the transporter depending on the type and sensitivity of the goods. Also, you will have to consider the total duration of transportation to decide the sampling interval.
- For using as a 30 days data logger, we can program a recording interval of 6 minutes. You can use the same as 10 days data logger and 20 days data logger. For using as a 60 days data logger, we will program with 11 minute recording interval (You can also easily reprogram any number of times)
- Type of sensor is internal on the side of the single-use data logger.
- Measuring Temperature Range is form -40 ⁰C to +80 ⁰C (-40 ⁰F to +176 ⁰F).
- Temperature Accuracy Between -40 ⁰C to -10 ⁰C (-40 ⁰F to +14 ⁰F) is ±0.5 ⁰C / ±1 ⁰F
- Temperature Accuracy Between -10 ⁰C to +80 ⁰C (+14 ⁰F to +176 ⁰F) is ±0.3 ⁰C / ±0.6 ⁰F
- Resolution of reading is 0.1⁰C (0.1 ⁰F).Resolution means the difference between each reading. This will be 0.1, eg. 2.1, 2.2,2.3 etc.
- Alarm indications are available at 4 thresholds viz. 2 red LEDs, 2 blue LEDs.
- Available alarm Configurations are High-high, high, low & low-low.
- We supply the same in programmed condition. The customer can reprogram all parameters any number of times until first use.
- The customer can program start delay so that the recording will commence after a certain duration after pressing the start button. The delay can be from 1 minute to 99 days.
- The size of the data logger is 68x37x5mm (without sleeve). With the sleeve, the size is 81x52x5mm.
- Battery life is up to 1 year depending upon storage conditions.
- Reports are generated in PDF, TXT, CSV & CVT formats (For opening a CVT file, you need our free Console plus software)
- Ingress Protection (IP rating) is IP 65 .This means Extreme protection against water and solid particles.
- Software for programming is our free Console plus software ( Please see our video on how to install the software)
- 3 point NIST traceable calibration is part of PDF report in the Pharma compliant models. The normal model comes with a factory test report with serial numbers.
- A bookmarking facility is available for up to 8 bookmarks. After commencing the recording, the customer can use this feature to note any events (eg. stopping a vehicle at a certain point). In order to do this, simply press the start button for few seconds. In the report, the bookmarks will be indicated.
Programming of USB Temperature data logger
By default we program the following values on the USB temperature data logger (unless otherwise specified by the customer):
The alert indications will be set to ‘ON’ at the following values:
HH alarm : 30 °C
H alarm : 25°C
L Alarm : 15°C
LL alarm : 10°C
- Start delay is 5 minutes
- Stop button is enabled
Also please see our separate page for demonstration and operational instructions.
For ordering a USB data logger, you may take a print out of the sheet onto the right side and fill up necessary details based on which we will program the same for you.
Single use data logger with LCD Display
This is the latest single-use data logger by Cryopak, USA which has an LCD display displaying current readings and status. The operational details are similar to the previous disposable data logger without display. However, this disposable data logger requires console plus software to download the data. All programming instructions and type of reports also are similar to other types of the single-use data logger.
You can also buy these data loggers from Vacker online store.
Vacker Arabia supplies these USB data loggers in all cities of Saudi Arabia covering Jeddah, Dammam, Riyadh, Jubail and Khobar.