It is essential to record the temperature and humidity of medical refrigerator & freezers used for critical items. Such critical items are medicine, vaccine, plasma, blood samples etc. If the temperature goes above or below the permitted temperature levels, there should be alert to the operating personnel. This way the customer can have centralized monitoring, recording and protection of hospital refrigerators and freezers. Our systems for medical refrigerator temperature monitoring will monitor and record continuously. They can provide an accuracy of up to +/- 0.1 Degree Celsius. We can monitor multiple units in different locations of a building. Also, we can connect to an existing LAN or WiFi connection. This way all the data of each medical refrigerator will be continuously available on a PC or over the internet. This system is suitable for centralized monitoring for storage of medicines, vaccines, human tissues, samples, food etc. stored under controlled conditions. The same system can be used for walk-in chillers, cold rooms, medical fridges, warehouse etc. with expansion units.
Freezer & Refrigerator Temperature Monitoring Data Logger with alerts
Remote medical refrigerator temperature monitoring alarms can be installed for all type of new and old types of medical refrigerators and freezers. The display unit is installed on the outer body of the medical fridge. The sensors are placed inside the units either through the wall of the units or through the gaskets on the door.
Features of refrigerator temperature monitoring with Alarm
- This is a data logger which records temperature of the medical refrigerator and also activates alarms through an electrical contact.
- It is suitable for connection to any existing installations.
- For hospitals, a wireless system is ideal, which will not interrupt the functioning of the hospital.
- Wireless and wired versions of data loggers are available. The sensors of such medical refrigerator temperature monitoring alarms will communicate either on WiFi,Rf or Zigbee protocol.
- They can provide an accuracy of up to +/- 0.1 Deg. Celsius. This is comparable to all other data loggers used for similar applications.
- The sampling rate is programmable from 5 seconds to 1 hour. For medical fridge temperature monitoring, a sampling interval of 1 minute to 3 minutes is normally programmed.
- It is possible to program each device for each medical fridge separately for upper and lower limit of temperature. Also, different compartments of the sme medical fridge can have different threshold limits. If the readings exceed these limits for a certain duration, it will generate alerts.
- It is possible to connect each device to two adjacent medical refrigerators or two different compartments of the same medical refrigerator. Hence one device is sufficient for monitoring of two adjacent refrigerators.
- We can connect the local Temperature Alarm which generates an audible alarm upon an alert event. It is possible to connect each refrigerator alarm separately for each unit . Alternatively, we can provide a common alarm for a room containing multiple units.
- A separate phone call (with recorded voice message), Email and SMS alert system can be a standby system. Separate phone calls will be made for each refrigerator alarm.
- We store the data over our free web storage space without the need for a Static IP address.
- Measurements from -200 Deg. Centigrade onwards can be monitored. These are for cryogenic applications.
- It is better to configure a delay timing to avoid false alerts when opening the door of teh medical fridge repeatedly. Also, the sensor can be immersed in a special liquid such as Glycol. This will act as a dampener for avoiding false detection on such sudden fluctuations. (Please see our article on usage of liquid glycol/glycerin bottle in a medical refrigerator)
- Monitor temperature & humidity of multiple freezers and refrigerators. There is no limit to the number of connected refrigerators since the system is cloud based.
- Data can be viewed remotely : See video of browser based free software
Phone call, SMS, Email alerts and local Alarm for Temperature excursions of Refrigerator & Freezer
In the case of a temperature excursion, the following alerts will be generated.
- It will generate phone calls to 10 operators in a sequential manner. Upon attending the phone call it will deliver a customized voice message informing the type and location of the fault. The phone calls will be made repeatedly until someone attends the phone and acknowledges the call.
- It will also deliver SMS messages to the same operators or a different set of operators indicating the type and location of the fault. We can configure the SMS to convey the exact temperature at the time of occurrence and the locations.
- It will send Email alerts to 4 email ids indicating the time, location and the exact temperature readings.
- Also, a local siren can be connected to alert a local operator or a security staff.
Refrigerator temperature monitoring through WiFi monitoring
The WiFi system has all the features explained above. However, the major difference is that the communication is through WiFi communication channels. No special transmitters or receivers are required and communication will be through an existing WiFi network. Each temperature data logger of medical fridge temperature monitoring will transmit the data continuously (every 60 seconds or as programmed by the user) to a local server network and onto the internet.
We recommend WiFi or Wireless connections for medical fridges to have flexibility. You may constantly need to move or relocate the refrigerators. Also, you will need to take out the same for maintenance or repair. In case of wireless connections, you do not have to worry about disconnecting and reconnecting the LAN connection.
Other temperature monitoring systems:
- Real time monitoring systems for data centers and server rooms
- Real time monitoring systems for Cold rooms and warehouses
- Wireless temperature monitoring
Please see related articles on monitoring of refrigerators
Vacker Arabia supplies refrigerator and freezer monitoring data loggers in all cities of Saudi Arabia covering Jeddah, Dammam, Riyadh, Jubail and Khobar.