Select your application
Dehumidifiers for swimming pools
A Few practical Benefits and characteristics of swimming pool dehumidifiers are explained below.
- These dehumidifiers are especially suitable for use in wet option.
- They have a high dehumidifying performance with optimum heat recovery.
- Energy consumption is low with extremely high economic efficiency.
- The body is corrosion protected and is easy to clean.
- The radial fans are smoothly running.
- Heat exchangers are polyester coated and hence corrosion free.
- The hygrostat can be adjusted infinitely.
- Also, it is possible to keep in automatic or permanent operation.
- The thermostat is anti-icing type.
- It is possible to adjust the air discharge direction.
- There is a high and low-pressure switch on the dehumidifier.
- Many more equipment options and special designs available to suit your specific requirements.
Highly efficient moisture control and heat recovery for indoor swimming pools or whirlpools
Here the critical limit of humidity will rise rapidly resulting in rot, corrosion or mold formation. This causes severe problems for the building structure and the well-being of its users.
Ventilation alone cannot solve the problems because the rate of generation of moisture is high. The rate of removal of moisture through the ventilation system will be much lower.
When introducing cold air, it can also absorb less moisture, causing the dew point temperature to drop to a critical level.
The Solutions: Pool Dehumidifiers of the DS series
These devices are specifically designed and developed to handle for swimming pools. They ensure a powerful and economical dehumidification of indoor swimming pools.
Customers can install these dehumidifiers easily. They work fully automatically and can extract large amounts of humidity from the room air. During this process, they absorb the potential energy and in accordance with the heat pump principle give up to 2.7 kW of useful heat for each kilowatt spent by the DS dehumidifier off to the air in the indoor swimming pool.
Radial fans are integrated within the DS pool dehumidifiers.They have particularly quiet running properties. Also, they can suck in large amounts of humidity from the ambient air.
The damp air enters through an evaporator. It is then cooled below the dew point and condensed. The condensed water is discharged outside. The cold, dry air is directed past the cooling block’s heating element. This air is warmed by the process energy and then fed back to the room air.
DS 50 and DS 30 swimming pool dehumidifiers
Few of the major characteristics of DS series swimming pool dehumidifiers are as below.
- The dehumidifier has Corrosion-protected construction using fiberglass reinforced plastic
- This body is very easy to clean.
- The radial fan si very smoothly running.
- The heat exchangers are Polyester – coated, corrosion –protected.
- The hygrostat is infinitely adjustable.
- Also, as an option automatic or permanent operation is possible.
- These dehumidifiers are suitable for wall mounting.
- The thermostat is anti-icing type.
- The air discharge direction is adjustable.
- A high and low-pressure switch is available.
- Many more equipment options and special designs available to meet your specific needs.
As standard, all pool dehumidifiers come with internal heat recovery. Thus it automatically utilizes the released process heat for low-cost heating of the room air.
Also in the case of an increased heating demand for the room air, an additional pumped warm water damper register (PWW) can be provided optionally. This is then to be connected to the supply and return flow of the hot water heating. In this event, the temperature will be controlled by an on-site room thermostat opening and closing and integrated control valve.
The model DS 30 and DS 50 can optionally also be equipped with an additional electric heating. These are available for near panel installation as well.
Simple Installation procedures
DS series swimming pool dehumidifiers are very simple to install as below.
- While delivering, all pool dehumidifiers are completely ready to install.
- When positioned on the floor, the customer requires only a condensate drain and an electric connection.
- If the customer wants wall mounting, he has to first install the wall mounting clips.
- For cold countries, the room temperature may go below 20 °C. In such cases, a hot gas automatics defrost function is available optionally.
Technical Data of swimming pool dehumidifiers
|Dehumidification performance / 24 h|
|Air Volume [M³/h]||440||740|
|Operating range temperature [°C]||15 – 35||15 – 35|
|Operation range max. RH [%]||90||90|
|Input voltage [V/Hz]||230 / 50||230 / 50|
|Nominal power Input [kW]||0.75||0.98|
|Nominal Current [A]||4.4||6|
|Electrical Connection (plug)||CEE 7/7||CEE 7/7|
|Cooling Agent [kg]||0.5||1.7|
|Sound Level (distance 3 m) [dB (A)]||48||44|
|Infinitely Adjustable Hygrostat|
|Type of protection||IP45||IP45|
|Suited for a wall mounting|
|Suited for floor installation||–|
|Discharge Hose ø [mm]||10||16|
|Available Special Equipment|
|PWW Damper Register||□||□|
|Heating capacity (supply) 80 °C [kW]||3||5.8|
|Flow Rate [1/min]||5||10.2|
|Electrical Damper Register||□||□|
|Hot gas automatic defrost||□||□|
|Operating range temperature||3 – 35||3 – 35|
|Model for near panel installation||□||–|
|External room hygro-thermostat||□||□|
|External room hygrostat||□||□|
- Standard equipment; □ optional equipment; further versions upon request.
Other types of dehumidifiers:
Please click the following links for other types of dehumidifiers by Trotec, Germany
Vacker Arabia supplies all kinds of swimming pool dehumidifiers in all cities of Saudi Arabia covering Jeddah, Dammam, Riyadh, Jubail and Khobar.