Humidity indicator plugs are used for monitoring the humidity inside bags, packages etc. The humidity condition inside the package can be viewed from outside using these plugs. The plug is to be mounted through the wall of the package so that the air inside the baggage is exposed to the indicator mounted at the front end of the plug. The basic principle is that the colour of the window changes colour if humidity exceeds the limits.
Types of Indicator Plugs
- 3 Window Plug with 3/4-14 straight pipe threaded (Pie indication 20%-30%-40%)
- 4 Window Plug with 3/4-14 straight pipe threaded (Pie indication 20%-30%-40%-50%)
- 3 or 4 window plug without pipe for installation on flexible walls of packages (Pie indication )
- Plug with Single spot colour disc which will change colour if humidity exceeds the limits
Most of these are for applications complying with NEMA 1, 2, 3, 3R, 3S, 4, 5, 6, 12, 12K, and 13 enclosures, as well as IP66/IP67 enclosures. These are non-reversible type which means that once the colour changes, it does not reverse even if the humidity changes. This way customer can check whether the humidity every increased during the storage or transportation.
Humidity indicating desiccators
Applications of Humidity Indicator plug
These are used for various storage and transportation requirements for sensitive products. Few of the applications are:
- Electronic goods
- Green houses
- Spare parts especially those of aircraft
If you require recording the humidity during the transportation it is preferred to use humidity data logger.
Vacker Arabia supplies different models of humidity indicator plugs in all cities of Saudi Arabia covering Jeddah, Dammam, Riyadh, Jubail and Khobar.